Some 2014 highlights:
- The Preserve added a new .65 Rotary Loop trail that includes a Floating Bridge
- 3 Self contained composting toilets were added- 1 at the Learning Shed and 2 near the Boardroom for Planet Earth. These Sun Mar Units odorless, use no water, and are approved by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF).
- One of the composting toilets was funded with a grant from the Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia.
- An Electro-Fishing Lake Survey was completed by Aquatic Environmental, which has given the Preserve valuable tools to monitor the bass, bream & bluegill population of the lake
- 2nd Annual Golf Tournament at the Cartersville Country Club raised $19,000 for the Preserve