Reservations and Memberships
Reservations are required for those without a membership so we may customize your experience based on your needs, group, interests, and number of attendees.
Call 678-848-4179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to Reserve the Preserve!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
How to plan your trip:
- Make a reservation: You should reserve your time at the Preserve as soon as possible. Your field trip is not reserved until you have submitted the Reservation Form and received a confirmation email from the Preserve.
NOTE: Fridays are the most popular day for trips, so book these dates ASAP.
- Plan your attire: Outerwear suitable for weather. Please check the forecast and encourage appropriate clothing for expected weather. *Closed shoes are required; NO sandals/flip flops are allowed. Long pants are best.
- Prepare for emergencies: Students who have emergency medication (epipens, inhalers) prescribed by a physician for life threatening allergies are required to bring meds for safety reasons! If the group is divided for programming, the teacher should make sure she remains in the group with affected child/ren. The Preserve is not liable for insect stings or contact with poisonous plants as can be reasonably expected in nature, so teacher/school assumes all liability.
- Packing for the Preserve: If your group plans to hike the 1.6 mi trail please plan to bring water bottles (preferably reusable ones!) Also, if your reserved time falls during lunch, you are welcome to picnic at the Preserve. Please notify staff in advance if you plan to do so.
- Get to the Preserve: The Preserve has limited parking space. Groups not using buses should arrange to carpool to minimize impact on Preserve roads and habitat. Your start time is based on the school’s distance from the Preserve. Start time will be confirmed at the time of reservation.
Big Leaf Magnolia: This membership option for $100 annually is the best for individuals who would like to hike and picnic at their leisure.
Lake Trail Supporters: This $250 annual membership is excellent for families or small groups who wish to hike, fish, and picnic at their leisure.
Private tours are a great option for organized groups such as Scouts, corporate events, birthday parties, and Contact director for your group. For organized groups. As many attendees as you’d like.
FAQ for trips
While the Preserve does have restrooms at the Nature Center, Learning Shed, and composting toilets on trail, groups should encourage members to use restroom facilities before coming to the Preserve to avoid long lines and lengthy waits, which inevitably take time away from the educational experience.
All appointments for field trips are kept unless the National Weather Service issues a severe weather warning, in which case Preserve staff will contact you. Our trails are designed so that rain the day before an event will NOT hamper your visit. Please remember that weather conditions at the Preserve may not be the same as at your group’s origination point. If you have any questions the week before you visit, please contact the Education Coordinator.
Payment is expected no later than the day of your trip; you may pay as soon as you arrive the day of your trip.